Media Fun Fiction
Art Museum

Miscellaneous Links
Affiliates

Stardust Fields Forums

Forums for discussion with other members
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:02 pm 
Site Admin

Medals: 1
Snowman (1)  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
I've considered doing that, actually. Should we use user-made MIDIs/music or the actual music from the games? LL didn't use much of the latter.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:39 pm 

Actual game music would be nice but you'll need to put a disclaimer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:21 pm 

Small suggestions. One, find something for this site to concentrate on and take it from there. Fiction, perhaps, but I would suggest something like Roy's sports halls, Wendy's telephone booth once you have enough members. If you have members with the skill, fan art and comics would be superior to fiction.
Also a game guides section - some people visit sites just for those guides and the color schemes that came with it. Make an ecosystem and knit it together one piece at a time, week by week.
but no plagiarizing!

Basically - entertainment that isn't particularly fun fiction. I don't know if you have music or not but I loved lemmys lands music especially the front page - but I'd can't listen to the sound in iPads :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:46 pm 

A couple of things to add on xThomas's suggestions. If this place is willing to deviate from Fun Fiction submissions, I'd check to see from the members which sections from Lemmy's Land they be willing to expand upon. For example, I sent Shadow Yoshi a fan script for the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon series. If other submissions consist of scripts from Mario cartoons, I'd devote a separate section kind of like this: http://lemmykoopa.com/lk22/lk22-6.html . If mine is the only one (pending it gets accepted of course), I'd have no problem with that being classified as simply Fun Fiction.

Second, I don't know when this happened to Lemmy's Land but 99% of all their MIDI files are now broken. To listen to them, I have to download files using the Wayback Machine.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:47 pm 

[quote="KoopaKid17"]I sent Shadow Yoshi a fan script for the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon series. If other submissions consist of scripts from Mario cartoons, I'd devote a separate section kind of like this: http://lemmykoopa.com/lk22/lk22-6.html . If mine is the only one (pending it gets accepted of course), I'd have no problem with that being classified as simply Fun Fiction.[/quote]
Cool. What's the story about?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:54 pm 

[quote="MarioMan67"]Cool. What's the story about?[/quote]

I'll give a brief synopsis without revealing too much. :D The "episode" is about the Koopa Kids getting back at Koopa for punishing them so much. They try to scare him into treating them better by pulling an elaborate prank while he's sleeping.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:59 am 

I'd like to take my chances with graphic stories, rather than typical text based adventures. Just as a main focus.. Good or ok, but preferably not bad. Depends on the kids.

And of course, if you have that, may as we'll have a doodling section too!
A. The how to draw section
B. Print section, with outlines of characters just waiting too be colored in

I

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

Medals: 1
Snowman (1)  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
I'd definitely be up for adding more sections. The site wasn't meant to just be for fiction. I just haven't gotten around to adding more sections because there wasn't much of a demand for them. But now that there is, I'll see what I can do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:38 pm 

I was hoping to make a Stardust Stadiums for this site. Sorta like Roy's Sports Hall. I've got a few battles, but there'd be other stuff too. Like Soccer or Hockey. Or a new sport exclusive to this. But it doesn't have to be just me of course.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:25 pm 

I'd be willing to take part in something similar to that effect. Roy's Sports Hall was one of the most popular features of Lemmy's Land IIRC so I think that should draw in the crowd.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next