Art Museum

Miscellaneous Links
Affiliates

Stardust Fields Forums

Forums for discussion with other members
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:10 pm 

I was scrolling through some stuff on a website recently when I noticed an article that mentioned that the 30th anniversary of the Super Mario Bros series (the series that launched mainstream Mario games) was going to be next year. I realized that in the past 30 years, Nintendo has changed entertainment forever. Where would gaming be without Super Mario Bros, which changed platforming games forever? Where would it be without that fantastic overworld theme which just about everybody ever has heard, EVEN if they haven't ever play Super Mario Bros? Where would the world be without Mario?

Because of this, I suggest that anybody who reads this post play through the Mario series. That's right, I'm issuing a formal challenge to anyone listening! Obviously many of us can't play some of the newer ones (New Super Mario Bros series comes to mind), and then there are games that aren't technically part of the Bros series. However, over the next year, we should all play as many games from the Mario series as possible in our spare time, in honor of this fantastic and classic series of games.

In this topic, if you take this challenge, make a master post where you can keep a list of all Mario games you're playing and have beaten from this point on. Keep us updated with other posts about the Mario games you're playing and where you are in them! Having trouble at a certain point? Come to this topic and ask for help for other users to give pointers for specific levels and worlds.

Go go go!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:37 pm 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot next year is the 30th anniversary. I did read somewhere that Sony want to make an animated movie for the Mario series, maybe it will tie in with the anniversary, that would be cool.

I have the Mario franchise to thank for me discovering most of the sites I go to on the internet and through them, I have met many cool people online. The games also have also kept me entertained for many years and who knows where I would have been if Mario had not been invented.

As for me playing games now, I no longer do that so will pass on that.