Art Museum

Miscellaneous Links
Affiliates

Stardust Fields Forums

Forums for discussion with other members
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:00 am 

Anybody remember this? It's a shame it only lasted a few months before fizzling out.

http://lemmyslandforum.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:18 pm 

I've seen that page a few times but I don't think it really took off. There have been that many incarnations of Lemmy's Land Forum it is hard to keep track. Too bad the main site is no longer active and the latest forum went bad. The current forum changed its name and has not very nice people in it. Not to mention they are liars and ban people for no reason. I don't like comparing it to Lemmy's Land because it is insulting and the way I was treated there is diabolical. I am glad to be out there. The old Lemmy's Land Forums were much better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:48 pm 

Man I joined Lemmy's Land in January of 2012 and I had no idea that existed... Makes me wish I'd checked it out before it was too late.

Oh, also, I would just like to point out that what Terry says about LLF [i]isn't[/i] true. The forum isn't a den of snakes, nor is it intrinsically nasty or unwelcoming. There are a few rough and aggressive people, yeah, but the majority of people on the forum are kind or at the very least nice people. When you think about it, doesn't every website have a few crazy folks? The deal with them being "liars" and that they "ban people for no reason" is also untrue; the only place where lying occurs is in their highly popular forum game, The Werewolf Game! The reason Terry was banned was that he had a history of overreacting to people. What got him banned was when he mouthed off at a moderator when they called him out on something; it wasn't unfair. Terry just didn't like it.

It's also perfectly okay to compare it to Lemmy's Land because it... Was a site devoted to Lemmy's Land. For like, 13 years. Old LL was hardly any better, considering the horrors I've heard about. That is, unless this is a 1984 scenario, and they lied about the past to newbies. Which is so highly unlikely I laugh at the notion.

I had a breakdown back in July due to personal issues that I'd come to associate with LLF, but after a month I quickly realized it was a real life issue, and not the website itself... Terry exaggerated the badness of the former Lemmy's Land Forum. Last Life Forums is a neat place, and I stand by that! Some of my best internet (and possibly just best) friends are there, and it was the website where I met Joey, the operator of Stardust Fields. It isn't a bad place.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:57 pm 

Terry when are you ever going to stop complaining about LLF? You do it almost everywhere you go and its like you're trying to make people boycott the place. Guess what. I'm trying my hardest not to be a dick right now but sometimes the stuff you say really asks for it. Especially when you start talking smack about everyone you had at least one not-so-pleasing experience with. "Liars." Oh and the classic "Banned for no reason" card. You first accept being banned and then complain about it. You apologize but then you go back to talking smack. What in the hell is up with this cycle? Its disgusting and no one likes reading it.

You know man? I really don't get you and I don't think I ever will. I am truly sorry you're not getting over this but to talk bad about a website that is actually legitimate and the owner himself going to LLF, I am certain that you just need to keep it to yourself or so god help you. Oh my lord. Seriously. I am foreal. 100% on this and cannot be even more crystal clear. LET IT GO.

Anyways I'm new to the forum and I'll keep this forum bookmarked. I'm not in any way flaming here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:46 pm 

(Just posting to vouch for Turbos in case people wanted proof he isn't flaming or trolling or whatever, he's a cool guy!!)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:38 am 

It's just my opinion. And I have let it go. I have better friends now and got a better life now away from it all. I'm sorry if you don't like what I think but that's just the way it is. It's a new year now and I am planning on using this whole year to focus on people who care.

The only reason I'm saying it now is because there is a topic on it otherwise I wouldn't have said anything.

I am NOT arguing about this. I will not going to repeat what was said to me in the IRC or on DA because it is not worth talking about but what happened is truth and I vouch on it. I am not exaggerating. I'll be glad to tell anyone in PM in full detail why I feel like this. I have a good memory.

I used to think it was a good place at one time until the start of last year. Then all throughout the year, abuse after abuse when I tried to make peace then something flipped and it caused me to polarise and hate it altogether because of all the abuse I got.

This goes far beyond the ban. I couldn't care less about being banned now, I am talking about everything else what has happened all through last year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:24 am 

Guys, please look at it from my point of view. What if it was you who got banned from LLF? What if you got ripped away from all your friends and find out they were never your friends to begin with? What if you found out they were badmouthing you and also talking about you behind your back. You'd probably feel the same way as I do. You feel betrayed, upset and angry. This is how I feel about LLF. Please do not have a go at me because of the way I feel. I used to really like LLF but the people there have hurt me so much that I now resent the place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:44 pm 

[quote="Terry"]Guys, please look at it from my point of view. What if it was you who got banned from LLF? What if you got ripped away from all your friends and find out they were never your friends to begin with? What if you found out they were badmouthing you and also talking about you behind your back. You'd probably feel the same way as I do. You feel betrayed, upset and angry. This is how I feel about LLF. Please do not have a go at me because of the way I feel. I used to really like LLF but the people there have hurt me so much that I now resent the place.[/quote]

Its hard for me to relate to that because I have friends outside of the Internet that I truly value. It doesn't bother me if people on the Internet want nothing to do with me. I don't get to see them face to face so it doesn't bother me, but I do understand why it bothers you at times and that is normal. Its not excusable to go behind people's backs talking smack and talking about how much of a victim you are. Its not worth any bit of frustration and before you tell me how you have "gotten over it", not mentioning LLF would be the wisest idea and that action of not doing that action will prove that you have gotten over it rather than just saying "I'm over it". Anybody can say anything and anybody can believe anybody. To be honest though I don't believe you have completely gotten over it because if you have, you wouldn't feel the need to bring that drama to the table.

Take it from my point of view. When I read the posts about LLF, I see nothing but butthurt and that's it. Not you being a monster but showing a 30 year old man angry about a small messageboard on the Internet. When other people read that, some may view it as "Is this guy really this upset over a damn messageboard? LOL" Let alone it being almost a year since that happened. I'm not saying completely change your personality, I think you're nice and a sincere dude but you gotta shape up with this drama that you put on the table. You may not realize it but you do act more dramatic than ever necessary.

I'm not trolling, lying or anything. I'm pulling a mirror out of my pocket and giving it to you so you can see how you make a big deal of absolutely f'ing nothing. I'm sorry but if you can't see it after this post, then I've done everything I can. Even Light Bear made a very sincere post about you needing to move on and that was almost a year ago too man.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:40 am 

Thanks. I appreciate that and thanks for being honest. I do admit I do sometimes get sentimental when it comes to online friends and may get a bit too emotionally attached or something. Yeah I do think I am a nice guy and I try to be nice to others. I even tried to rebuild bridges in my Christmas Day journal but I guess that's not going to happen. I admit I disagree with some of the things Light Bear said because he said a few things what I felt to be untrue and it sounded like he was putting me down. I don't mean the moving on stuff but some of the things when he described some of the things I have allegedly done. It doesn't matter anyway, I am happy with what I have and that is what I am going to focus on.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:33 pm 

I like the critiques on that site. I looked through it this morning. There should be more reviews of Lemmy's Land stories on the internet.