Art Museum

Miscellaneous Links
Affiliates

Stardust Fields Forums

Forums for discussion with other members
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:05 pm 

So, as this is the general discussion area, I thought I'd stir up some activity with a video game thread!

Now, as many people know, Pokemon is currently getting a new gen (Gen VI!). Here, you can discuss the generation of Pokemon, older ones, the meta game, multiplayer, strategies for the game, and more. The floor is yours, so post away!

I'll begin by saying that Froakie is my favorite of the 3 new starter Pokemon. It's design looked a little odd at first, but it's grown on me and I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

Medals: 1
Snowman (1)  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
I don't play too much Pokemon, and if I do it's going to be LeafGreen. I own Gold and White, but I wasn't too fond of Gen V and I haven't played enough Gold yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:42 pm 

Gen V was okay, it just wasn't as good as the other ones. Pokemon LeafGreen was one of my favorite Pokemon games (due to the revamped Kanto region). Pokemon Gold is by far my favorite Pokemon game of all time, due to the fact that it had both the Kanto & Johto regions, it had Feraligtr (my favorite Pokemon ever!) and because of nostalgia.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

Snowman (1)  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
Have you ever played Crystal? I haven't, but it seems like it'd be a slightly different version of Gold (just like Emerald was to RS).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:20 pm 

Crystal had the Battle Tower, and Suicune had a cool role. Also there was this one guy who was hunting Suicune. It was the first Pokemon game to allow you to choose being a girl, too! Overall it was probably better than Gold, what with its bonus stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

Snowman (1)  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
Ah. Yeah, I should probably get into more Gen II games. HeartGold/SoulSilver looked alright as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:28 pm 

Heartgold/Soulsilver introduced a Safari Zone (spoiler alert: You end up inheriting it!), and it had all the stuff of crystal. It had Gen IV Pokemon and it had lots of other new stuff including the Battle Frontier, a fun new mini game where your Pokemon competes in a race, breaks bricks, and then plays sports. The sprites for everything were best in HG/SS, I think.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Snowman (1)  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
 ()  ()  ()  ()
Ah, the Battle Frontier. I watched that anime when I was younger.

But yeah, that sounds pretty cool! If I end up getting any more Pokemon DS games, it'll probably be one of those two.

Speaking of the anime, I don't really think it's been good since the end of Battle Frontier. I watched the DP premiere on Cartoon Network and was a little bit disheartened, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:55 pm 

The Diamond & Pearl Anime got much better as it went on. It got worse later on, sadly, but it was pretty entertaining in the middle.

Battle Frontier was the best Pokemon series ever, I think. It was at the height of Ash's Pokemon's power, and they had a ton of different cameos of Ash's old Pokemon. It was hilarious, entertaining, and there was a whole lot of episodes of it.

And yeah, I'd totally suggest you get Heartgold! I forgot to mention that it brought back the whole "letting a Pokemon walk by your side" thing, and it's not just Pikachu either! It can be any Pokemon, regardless of size (though normally I had Tyranitar walk with me because it was cool).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:09 pm 

I've never "seriously" played a Pokemon game. Yeeeaah.... I know, I know. I don't even own a Pokemon game, nor have I ever. I just borrowed some on occasion.

So, I'm gonna buy Pokemon Y. It's kinda like my first Pokemon game, I guess. So happies! ^-^

"Hmm? I see you have no mustache! Poor, bald, little creature. It's not a fair fight for you, but luckily, I'm not a fair fighter. Let's go!"
--Chief Chilly